Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Compromise

Many of those modelling the NSW scene will be familiar with the excellent AndIan Models BLV kit, and those who have built it or are building it now will know that if you wish to use Kadees you have to notch out part of the headstocks to accommodate the coupler. This presented a problem for me as I had a hard time finding the courage to cut into the very headstock which is well detailed compared against other HO scale NSW outline kits such as the AR Kits MLV and Silvermaz TRC. Indeed I have spent month after month putting off cutting into the headstock until today when I found some offset shank Kadee couplers hiding in my parts box and some 40 thou styrene sheet. After a few minutes of fiddling, I had a solution!

The problem:















The solution:



















The end result:















And with that, back to the workbench:
Evan.

2 comments: