Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Look! Another update!

After a trip to Liverpool on Saturday I was geared up to do a bit more at the workbench, so here's today's progress.

Scratchbuilt CK681 and FK911

First up was the scratchbuilt models of CK681 and FK911, formerly the 1884 State Cars that I purchased at the Liverpool exhibition have received Kadee couplers and some minor repairs to the roof of CK681.

The old Bergs kits scrub up quite nicely.

Next up was an unassembled Bergs LV kit which was also picked up at Liverpool was mostly assembled. I decided to leave the roof off before making some modifications to help the styrene roof stay in shape and fitting of couplers, etc. The model will also receive additional underfloor detail.

Casting quality is very crisp compared to the Protype models

Hot on the heels of the LV was the fitting of bogies and couplers to a whitemetal Bergs GLV which will be decalled as a 2nd contract LLV before modification and recoding as a GLV.

Next step, painting the interior and adding passengers

Then, to finish up the night, I started putting together a Bergs 1959 BCW cattle wagon I've had for ages but never done anything with. Might as well, rather than leave it gathering dust.

That's it for tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment